Employment Opportunities for 2019-2020:
Guerin College Preparatory High School in River Grove, Illinois, is seeking applications from current staff and other individuals for the following positions. The successful candidate will support the mission of the Sisters of Providence, Guerin College Preparatory High School, a Catholic Learning Community, committed to works of love, mercy and justice, is dedicated to the education and faith development of young women and men and to the cultivation of individual values and skills.
Description:Full time Guidance Counselor for the 2019-2020 school year.
The Guidance Counselor is supervised and evaluated by the Principal.
• Provides direct counseling (academic, college/career and personal/social) to students and communication with students, families, and other staff members.
• Directs the standardized testing program.
• Oversees student services program.
• Assists students in making course and subject selections, as well as with evaluating credit checks.
• Assists in the scheduling of classes.
• Assists in the orientation of new students, and provides guidance in navigating school curriculum.
• Addresses issues relevant to students that are impacting students’ performance in school, such as school attendance, behavioral issues, and adjustment to the social setting of the school.
• Provides consultation to school staff to enhance the student’s full participation in school and positive educational experience.
• When appropriate and with written consent, provides information for outside agencies to support students and their families.
• Responds to and de-escalate crisis situations.
• Maintain case files and reports to document student needs and progress, and to recognize patterns in behavior.
• Assess and oversee credit recovery.
• Maintains proper documentation.
• Assist with the incoming Freshman entrance exam.
• Adheres to applicable principles and practices of counseling and/or social work, school policies and procedures, and state regulations.
• Additional duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess a valid Illinois Professional Educator License (9-12) with an endorsement in school counseling or experience as a guidance counselor in a school setting.
Interested candidates may send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
or mail to: Guerin College Prep. Attn: Ms. Booth, 8001 W. Belmont Ave, River Grove, Illinois 60171
Description:Full-time Math teacher for the 2019-2020 school year.
Candidates must hold a current Illinois Teaching License with appropriate endorsement in high school math. A Master’s Degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in math is preferred.
Questions regarding the position can be directed to Marie Pansino at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Marie Pansino at email@example.com or to 8001 W Belmont Ave., River Grove, IL 60171